- The lymphocyte-monocyte ratio (LMR) and platelet-lymphocyte ratio (PLR) are associated with survival of patients with early oral tongue cancer.
Why this matters
- Better prediction of patient prognosis may improve treatment stratification.
- Low lymphocyte count (HR, 0.206; P<.001), high platelet count (HR, 1.011; P=.026), low LMR (HR, 0.721; P=.001), and high PLR (HR, 1.012; P<.001) were associated with poor DFS.
- Low lymphocyte count (HR, 0.091; P=.01), high platelet count (HR, 1.023; P=.009), low LMR (HR, 0.58; P=.008), and high PLR (HR, 1.016; P=.002) were associated with poor OS.
- 133 patients with pT1N0-pT2N0 oral tongue cancer were analyzed for white blood cell indices and their associations with survival outcomes.
- Funding: None disclosed.
- Retrospective study from single hospital.